Three D&B stores will be hosting a free class with our Nutrena reps to learn about how to care for chicks (feeding, housing, health), raising them to adulthood, laying hens (feed, housing, health), molting, and a brief bit about meat birds and gamebirds. In other words, we will discuss what to do from the moment you buy a chick and take it home, through the desired result of egg laying or butchering.
If you are wondering when chicks (and other birds) will be arriving at your favorite D&B Supply, give them a call. Every store has a unique list tailored just for their customers.
Spring 2016 Chick Days Class Schedule
- Emmett, Idaho: Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Ontario, Oregon: Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
Nampa, Idaho: Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.Canceled. Rescheduled for 3/16
- Pendleton, Oregon: Monday, March 14, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Nampa, Idaho: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Meridian, Idaho: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Boise, Idaho: Monday, March 21, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Twin Falls, Idaho: Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
If you can’t make one of the three free classes, be sure to check out the D&B YouTube page that has all kinds of chicken classes and Q&A videos with chicken expert, Gretchen Anderson.
Gretchen Anderson’s latest blog post on what breeds to buy and why, along with an individualized store chick list, can be found on the D&B blog.