D&B Supply is teaming up with Nutrena to offer a series of free classes for new chick owners. In each of these classes you’ll learn about the basics of caring for your chicks. Nutrena’s David Farris will lead the class and discussion.
- Starting chicks – learn about required equipment from waterers to brooders, the best times to take chicks home, what temperature to keep the brooder, and how often to check baby chicks in the first few weeks.
- Common parasites – find out how to recognize common poultry lice and mites and what do to do prevent and treat them.
- Feed – identify good quality chicken feeds, including understanding principles like nutrients over ingredients.
- Laying hens – learn what it takes to raise your new chicks into productive laying hens, including how to manage the hens’ diet to produce the best and most eggs possible.
- Meat birds – discover the particulars of raising your own, natural meat birds.
- Signs of molting and treatments.
Which class will you attend? Click here to register for the FREE class nearest to you.
- Friday, April 18, 2014: Twin Falls
- Monday, April 21, 2014: Caldwell
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014: Boise