Due to the overwhelming response to our free January Beekeeping class, we have decided to offer six more FREE beginning beekeeper classes in February and one in March. This will be the same beginner class that was taught in January. You are more than welcome to attend again, but the information and syllabus will be the same.Beekeeping Class Schedule

You can sign up online by clicking here. If the classes become full, we will have to close registration, so be sure to sign up early.

All classes are at the D&B Supply listed (unless otherwise stated) are two hours long and start at 6:30 p.m and end at 8:30 p.m. A syllabus will be provided, please bring a pen.

Boise, Monday, February 3, 2014

Garden City, Tuesday, February 4, 2014

La Grande, Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ontario, Monday, February 10, 2014 – In Barber Hall, room BH 114 at Treasure Valley Community College

Nampa, Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mt. Home, Thursday, February 13, 2014 – At the Elks Lodge

Twin Falls, Monday, March 3, 2014 – TBD

1. Terrlb says:

I was hoping to ask a question tonight after the clss but was unable to. I have a set up that was given to me and was wondering what I need to do to get it ready for the bees I’m ordering? Do I need to scrap all the old frames?

• dbsupply says:

Hi there-
      Thanks for attending last night and reaching out as well here on the blog. We are gathering the correct answer for you and will answer shortly. Thanks again. -jen

• dbsupply says:

Per Thomas at Beehive State LLC. it is NOT recommended to use old frames. Diseases are transferred this way from one hive to the next including American Foul Brood which can not be killed.
      If you do use old frames you will be taking a risk, but cleaning the old frames with 100 percent vinegar will not kill the spores or harm the bees, but will take care of the viruses.

Good luck and please join their Facebook group The Art of Beekeeping in Idaho: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Idahoqueencups/

• terrlb says:

Thank you for the information! I may just go with buying new frames to be safe, some of them are pretty nasty. I could not find the Idaho group when I looked earlier today but did through the link. Thank you for your help!

2. Paul says:

Hi I was wondering, when one orders the live bees online through D&B, do they come directly to the person’s home or are they to be picked up somewhere else?

• dbsupply says:

Hi Paul,
      Thanks for reaching out.
      You will be notified of exact date, location and time frame via email of when bees can be picked up. The approximate date will be the first week in April. We kind of have to rely on nature on this one. 🙂
      -jen

• dbsupply says:

Hi Michael-

The room on campus at TVCC only holds 50 people, so we are confined by that number. If you are willing to drive there is a class at our Nampa D&B on the 11th and in Mt. Home at the Elks Lodge on the 13th.
      If you email us through our website (see link below) we can send you the syllabus so you have somewhere to start.
      Thanks so much for reaching out.
      -jen