Thank you to Hiatt Manufacturing for letting us publish this article by Don and Lillian Stokes on bird feeding Holiday gift ideas.
1. Give a Stokes Select Seed Tube Feeder, with a bag of Stokes Select Cardinal Songbird seed. This feeder and seed mix attract the widest variety of birds such as Chickadees, Titmice, Nuthatches, Finches, Cardinals Woodpeckers, Jays, Grosbeaks.
2. Give a Stokes Select Suet Feeder and several Stokes Select Suet Cakes. This will attract woodpeckers like a magnet.
3. Give Stokes Beginner’s Guide to Bird Feeding, a complete introduction to attracting feeder birds. Pair it with a Stokes feeder.
4. For the Finch lover, give a Stokes Select Finch Tube Feeder, Stokes Select Finch Screen Feeder, Stokes Select 19″ Finch Feeder or Stokes Select Songbird Finch Feeder and a bag of Stokes Thistle (Nyjer) Select seed, a favorite of finches.
5. For a grand gift idea, give the Stokes Select Giant Combo Feeder. This feeder is like a complete feeding station. Multiple portals, a screen surface and tray allow many birds to perch and feed at once plus there are two chambers that will hold 2 different types of bird seed. Feeder holds 8.4 quarts of seed.
For those who do not want squirrels on their feeder give Stokes Select Squirrel Proof Feeder. This feeder is a sure way to prevent squirrels from eating the bird seed, but allows songbirds to enter and feed.
7. For the guy that loves tractors give Stokes Select Tractor Cob Feeder. Looks like a red tractor, holds two corn cobs that feed squirrels or birds. Mount it on a tree.
8. For the Bluebird lovers on your gift list give Stokes Select Bluebird House, a cozy abode that bluebirds will roost in winter and nest in come spring. Or, try the Stokes Select Snacks’N’Treats blue dish feeder designed to offer bluebirds mealworms or bluebird nuggets.
9. Hummingbird heaven. That can be what you give someone on your list. Choose Stokes Select Hollyhock, Deluxe, Royal, Ruby, or Sky Prism Hummingbird feeders and pair with the Stokes Beginner’s Guide to Hummingbirds.
10. For kids on your list give Stokes Beginner’s Guide to Birds, eastern or western regions. Its color coded so even a 4-year old can look up a bird by its color. Add a small pair of compact binoculars and you’ll create a bird watcher for life.
11. The Ultimate, an entire feeding station!!! Give Stokes Select Large Hopper Feeder (which has two suet holders, one on each end) Stokes Select Seed Tube Feeder Stokes Select Finch Tube Feeder Stokes Select Bird Feeder Pole Stokes Select Squirrel Baffle Stokes Select Double Hangar with Pole Extender. Place Stokes Select Bird Feeder Pole in ground at least 12 feet from any place a squirrel can jump from. Place the Stokes Select Double Hanger with Pole Extender on top of the Bird Feeder Pole. Mount the Stokes Select Large Hopper Feeder on top of the pole extender (it fits nicely and has a built-in socket underneath for pole). Hang the Stokes Select Seed Tube and Finch Tube Feeders off the Double Hanger. Voila, you have 3 bird feeder mounted on a squirrel-proof set-up. Let the bird watching fun begin!