Corn dogs. No matter what your age, the best time to enjoy this deep fried beauty is at your county or state fair on a hot, sultry day with a freckled lemon-aid and a cotton candy chaser. Now you can enjoy this American tradition, with a healthier twist, any day of the year. If your kids can hold off for 24 minutes from the time they ask to the time they come out of the oven, smiles will be shining hotter than the sun.
Do you have a fun, delicious and original recipe you want to share? Post a comment below (do not put your email address in the body of the comment, just in the email box) and we will get back to you.
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 9 hot dogs, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.
- Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated over 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Of course you can add ketchup, mustard or any other dip sauce your little ones crave, but most of all enjoy, make memories and have fun.